A crown is a cap or covering designed to replace the original tooth’s shape, size and function.
A crown may be used where:
- A cavity in your tooth that is too large for a normal filling to function properly.
- There is a missing tooth requiring a bridge
- An implant has been placed
- A tooth has been severely cracked
- Root canal treatment has been completed
Crowns are a comfortable and natural looking treatment option for patients who may have the above dental concerns. At My Dental Team, our dentists can discuss what type of crown would be best suited to your treatment needs.