Your retainers play a very important role in keeping your teeth straight. There are few things to remember when looking after them…
- Clean your retainers with a toothbrush every morning
- Always use cool water – never hot as this might melt them!
- Avoid using toothpaste to clean your retainers
- Use retainer or denture tablets to soak your retainer at least once a week (e.g. Retainer Brite, Polident)
- Keep them away from pets
- Take your time brushing behind your front teeth
- Use interdental brushes or Superfloss to clean underneath the wire
- Avoid crunching on ice or biting your nails which can fracture your fixed retainer!
If you have any concerns about your retainers feel free to give our Orthodontics at Tamworth clinic a call, and we’ll be happy to help you. Remember that the sooner you call us the better! It’s important that we fix any retainer issues immediately before your teeth start to move.